Jumping right on that task four weeks later, I present:
My Bucket List:
- Own the Jetson’s Rosie the Robot.
- Go to Paris again – my favorite city.
- See my kids graduate from college.
- See my kids happily married with kids.
- Put the sheet on the bed the correct direction the first time.
- Visit the pyramids.
- Get fired by Trump in the board room.
- See my bathroom counter toothpaste-goo-free for more than 1 hour.
- Have a good hair day.
- Find the scissors in the drawer where they belong.
- Win something. Anything! I’m not picky. The free toothbrush in the dentist goodie bag doesn’t count.
- Getting the prime parking space at the mall in front of Barnes & Noble.
- Have lunch with Larry David, Wanda Sykes, Will Ferrell and Jerry Seinfeld.
- Becoming Mayor of Walmart.
- See the night sky with all the stars like I remember seeing as a kid before giant city lights.
- Know someone with a fire truck.
And last but not least…
OH YEAH! I get to cross off the last goal with minimal effort thanks to Telling Dad and his purchase of a fire truck! Thanks Greg!
Waiting for Rosie
For 30+ years I’ve been impatiently awaiting the Jetson-like future where kids fly to school in a personal saucer and dinner magically appears from a hole in the wall. The drive-thru window is as close as it gets.
No Rosie? Well the next best thing is iRobot.
Vacuum cleaners have a life expectancy of six months in my house due to:
The shedding dog that is living forever just to spite me.
Constant small child disasters
I’m certain that investing in a vacuum worth more than $50 is the answer.
My only concern is Rosie’s being able to move around the stuff on the floor.
Navigating the Sea of Crap, Rosie’s durability and maneuverability will be tested at Olympian levels.
Warned to allow three hours for sitting and watching it in amazement, I look forward to Rosie joining our family. By the looks of her face, I’m guessing she feels the same.